OMIFCO conduct its business in a manner that protects the health and safety of all employees and any other persons or third party affected by its activities.
OMIFCO believes that accidents are preventable. Therefore, we had selected our plant and facilities to the highest international safety standards. We operate and maintain our facilities to ensure the compliance with the local and international laws, regulations and standards. The company's safety, environment and occupational health integrated management policy states OMIFCO's commitment to fully comply with safety and occupational laws, local and international regulations while producing ammonia and urea.
The company has established safety and occupational health management system which includes management of all risks associated with all activities.
Any associated risks are identified, managed and control measures were investigated and applied to possible extent. Continual improvement to the system is committed to provide safe working environment. OMIFCO has been certified on September 2010 for OHSAS 18001:2007.
The company's safety and occupational health efforts are listed herein:
- Managing the safety promotional activities.
- Keeping up the HSE awareness among the employees, suppliers and contractors.
- HSE inducting to all OMIFCO plant visitors prior to entry inside the plant premises.
- Counter signing class‐I safety work permits after inspecting the hazardous areas in the plant to carry out the maintenance jobs.
- Carry out safety inspections for various units in the plant.
- Conducting safety surveys and safety meetings on regular basis.
- Ensuring the emergency preparedness level by executing emergency drills.
- Up keeping fire and safety equipment through regular preventive maintenance.
- Investigating and recommending the observations and findings of accidents and reporting the lessons learned to avoid reoccurrence.
- Interacting with statutory authorities and neighboring industries for emergency handling.
- Assisting HRD for imparting HSE training.